Sunday, January 30, 2011

Things get so much better......

So my last blog was a little depressing.... my apologies, I had a case of the homesickies but all is well now. As soon as I was feeling blue little things started to really cheer me up and get me even more excited to be here!

FIRST... on Friday (the day after depressing blog) as I was running on the treadmill.... low and behold.....


MY FIRST ELEPHANT SIGHTING!!! Just walking down the street!! It was amazing! 

Then later on Friday night the roomies and I all went to a farewell dinner...


Le sigh..... it was fun while it lasted!!! The dinner was DELISH and wine was found and consumed....


Even though it was very sad to say bye to them I am really starting to feel more at home and ready to really get out and see Delhi!!! 

I went into work on Saturday and at last.... I HAD PROGRESS!! I was allowed to finally run the show... which I am sure everyone who really knows me knows... this is how Hilary works best. It was wonderful. I have such a better understanding of how to teach the children. I can now divide the class into smaller groups and have the kids work on projects that are on there level. I also met with the women Rashmeed who runs the center and I got a better understanding of what my overall goal is with the age group I am teaching. Of course I was not all work at work... I had to have some fun...


they are silly and soooo cute....... and sooooo snuggly at times!!


The new group of volunteers got here on Saturday as well. They are all extremely nice and really excited. I was glad that Michelle and I are still here so we are able to help them with a lot of questions that we had... but nobody to answer for us! Two of the girls will be coming with me to the hope foundation so I am excited to have more help there.

Oh and I found a decent place to spoil myself at..... Today was a pedicure....


next week... a Diamond peel facial!!!

Next.... I finally got some henna!


We also went to Delhi's red fort... it was sooooo beautiful!!! I have not uploaded the pictures yet... so that will be another time.... 

Old Delhi was easier and more enjoyable to me this time around.... probably because now I am more used to India's way of life and really seeing the beauty in it....



It is so funny... although I miss everyone and everything so much.... I am now getting sad that I am almost halfway through my trip.... complete different tone from my last blog I would say....

Until next time loves!

xoxo











6 comments:

  1. haha yay! glad to hear you are feeling much better! i told you that time will fly and soon you'll not want to come home! Too awesome about the elephant I know that made you day! Sending you good vibes and a virtual hug...love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nieceature...we all know how you felt. I get homesick sometimes if I stay out shopping too long! :)
    Glad you are getting more acclimated, and having such a positive experience. Enjoy, lovie! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a difference a day makes. Glad things are looking up for you. Also glad you are finding ways to pamper yourself. We all know how Hilary LOVES to pamper herself. Nothing wrong with that. The elephant-sighting was amazing. Kind of puts our silly little alligators to shame. Take good care of yourself. Keep up the positive attitude, and you will have a truly amazing experience. Attitude is everything. Love and miss you so much. Be safe.
    Love and hugs,
    Ma / aka Gina / aka Shumone

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...mom definitely signed her comment shumone. hahaha. glad you're feeling better girlature! love you and hope to chat in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are getting some awesome experiences. I hope the rest of your trip is amazing!! I am jealous of your shopping. Retail therapy is always good if you get the blues again. Miss you tons!!! Can't wait to see you sometime and hear more stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angel aka Shumone,

    I really enjoyed reading this latest blogature, Girlature!! Don't step into any elephant droppings!!

    I love the pictures of the little boys saluting you...and your different pictures and updates.

    Let's again Skype; it was soooooo good seeing you and being able to speak in real time.

    Love you and miss you sooooooooooooooo much,

    Pops

    ReplyDelete