Thursday, March 3, 2011

My last few weeks in Delhi.....

I know I know I know...... I have gotten absolutely horrible at posting updates on my trip. Life has just been such a whirlwind and I have been loving every minute of it. By the time I get home at night I am so full and exhausted I never have the energy to blog! Since I am unable to sleep I guess this is a good time to attempt....

The past few weeks have been so much fun but also filled with some sad goodbyes. I had to finally say bye to Michelle and Shipra. We had so much fun with each other and I am so glad/blessed to have met them!



 I have been trying to see and do everything I can in this awesome city since I am leaving so soon. I have been stuffing my face with Gulab Jamun's. Found out that I have been ordering my favorite desert (the gulabs) incorrectly and ordering rose laxatives instead.... regardless I still got the goods so I am ok with that situation... I have been shopping up a storm.. and let me tell you... mama can bargain like it is nobodies business!!!!!! Shopping in the States now is going to be very boring for me.... so this may be a wonderful thing for my checking account....

We all got to go out and celebrate Kelesy's birthday together which was a lot of fun! I also got to go and see many of the beautiful temples and Mosques here in Delhi. We got to go to Delhi's largest Sikh temple and it was absolutely breathtaking. It really made me want to go to the golden temple in Amritsar even more... but that will have to be saved for my next trip to India.


Kelsey's birthday celebration at a hookah bar!! I had never been to one before!! and gggooolllyyy could I please get some color!?! (Ptl Thailand trip is coming up)..


The Sikh temple and yours truly! The body of water is where the men bath.. and.... you get free candy after praying... maybe I should convert!!! 

 I went to Jaipur this past weekend... and let me tell you.... good times were had..... from sight seeing to FINALLY riding an elephant to a party in a fort in the desert..... I must say.... it was a successful weekend trip. 


My lady <3's and I at the Amber fort!


Where we ended dancing the night away!!! So much fun!!

On a sad note I had to say goodbye to my kids this week. It was so hard and I never thought I would fall in love with these kids like I have. I learned so much from them and I will never forget them or the experience I have had with them. They have changed the person I was and I truly feel like I learned more about myself in these last 8 weeks with them then I ever dreamed possible. I will treasure my time with them and think of them everyday. 




Although I loved them all this little guy (Nickal) stole my heart. I would have brought him back in a heart beat if I could and I wish I could of somehow stayed in contact with him. 

This is my last weekend in Delhi and I am already missing it. I have met some amazing people in this program. For only knowing some for such a short time, I feel like I have created a bond with them that will last a lifetime. I am excited about my upcoming travels... but dreading saying goodbye.

Monday is Udaipur... but I will have such an amazing weekend that I PROMISE to blog on Sunday to tell you allll about it...

Until next time...

xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Angel,

    Thanks for the wonderful updates and all the pictures. We continue to enjoy reading your blogs and being part of your wonderful, exciting trip.

    Love you,

    Pops & Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hil - your pictures and descriptions of what all you are seeing and doing are great. You really look pretty in these photos - life in India certainly seems to agree with you. However, I am ready for you to get back to the good ole USA. I love and miss you tremendously.

    Love,
    Ma / aka Gina / aka Shumone

    ReplyDelete